How can we Deal with Peri-implantitis and Treatment Options in El Paso, Fort Bliss Texas.
What it is Peri-implantitis?
It is an inflammatory process affecting the soft gum tissues surrounding the Implant. The Dental Implants El Paso need healthy gum and jaw bone to wrap it for a better result. The Good oral hygiene can support the implant to last longer, looks perfect and meets its functionality purpose.
This disease is related to loss of supporting bone, bleeding on probing, and infrequently suppuration. The etiopathogenesis of peri-implantitis is advanced and associated with a spread of things that have an effect on the peri-implant environment.
Peri-implantitis may be influenced by these factors:
- Improper caring of oral health, smoking, and drug usage
- Parafunctional habits (bruxism and malocclusion)
- Poorly controlled systemic diseases e.g., diabetes, osteoporosis and periodontists
- Latrogenic factors like premature loading during the healing period and lack of primary stability, loose component, faulty restorations
- Having dull aches, tenderness on brushing - Taste has been changed from good to bad - Painful and bleeding gums - Mobility will increase (in case of failed Implant)Peri-implantitis can have Treatment Options:
- Surgical Treatment
- Non-surgical Treatment
Non-surgical treatment process may fail to support reosseointegration (structural and functional connection between the living bone and the surface of an implant) of the exposed implant sites, additional surgical interventions have been used to reduce the risk for a reinfection of the peri-implant pocket.
Some of the treatment procedures for peri-implantitis are:
- Antimicrobial Therapy with Open Flap Surgery
- Laser Treatment Therapy
- Debridement Treatment
The peri-implant infections got to focus each on infection control of the lesion, detoxification of the surface of the Implant, and regeneration of lost support. Treatment choices may be surgical or nonsurgical. Studies counsel that nonsurgical treatment of peri-implantitis is unpredictable, and in additional, the use of chemical agents like chlorhexidine has solely restricted effects on clinical and microbiological parameters.
Implant surface microorganism decontamination is crucial in treating peri-implantitis infections. Most research counsel that establishing associate healthy peri-implant tissue environment proves to be troublesome since inflammation remains present in a vital range number of patients in the communities of El Paso and Fort Bliss Texas. Consult our Cosmetic and Implant Dentist Dr. Gonzalez for more information regarding Dental Implant and Tooth Extractions treaments.